1. I’m done Christmas shopping. That feels good to say. My goal is always to be done by Thanksgiving, but it rarely happens.
2. Like most of the world, I was pretty shaken to hear of Nelson Mandela’s death this week. It’s one of those things where you’ll always remember where you were when you heard. He was an extraordinary individual and wise beyond this world. We could use more like him.
3. It seems unreal that this year will be over in a couple of weeks. It’s been a strange one for me, so I’m pretty glad to see it go. I’m ready for a do-over.
4. Bruno is supposed to be announcing the new dates for the 2nd leg of the North American run of the tour soon. Here’s hoping I actually get to see him this time. *crosses fingers* The third time is the charm, right?
5. I heard back about the job I really wanted. They hired someone else. I was really disappointed because I wasn’t even interviewed, which means I was never even in the running. I was definitely qualified, and I wanted it so badly. But what can ya do? Oh, well. I’m supposedly still in the running for the photography gig I mentioned before, but we’ll see. There are aspects of that one that I have reservations about. Why can’t anything ever be simple?
6. On a happier note, I’m now being followed by Living Colour on Twitter! That pleases me immeasurably, as they’ve been a huge influence on me since I was a teenager. If you want to find me on Twitter too, I’m @42nagirl.