1. I’ve felt extra crotchety lately. Sometimes I wonder if that should concern me. Mostly I think I’m at an age where I’m just tired of all the bullshit in the world and not in the mood to pretend otherwise.
2. Speaking of my age, my 40th birthday is a week from tomorrow. I’ve been looking forward to this milestone for at least 2 years. I hope I’m not too stressed out about other things to enjoy it when it gets here.
3. I’ve been exercising and eating better for the last month. I started when the kids started school. I am not a fan…at all…but hopefully it’ll pay off.
4. I wish I could take my husband and kids and disappear for at least a month. I need a serious break from the real world before I lose it, but sadly, I don’t see that happening anytime in the foreseeable future.
5. This week has been especially annoying - little things and not-so-little things - bugging the crap out of me and stressing me out even more than usual. It’s almost the weekend, but that’s of little consolation aside from the fact that maybe the kids might let me sleep in a little later if I’m lucky. As soon as I wake up, I’ll be slapped in the face with all the things that stress me out when I’m awake…which brings me back to the need for an extended vacation. Yeah, good luck with that.