1. It’s been a week since my 40th birthday. So many people have been eager to try to cheer me up or convince me it’s not that bad. Honestly, I don’t need cheering up. I’ve been looking forward to turning 40 for at least 2 years, maybe longer.
2. What’s funny is I actually feel younger than I have in a long time.
3. I’m already seeing results from my new, somewhat healthier lifestyle. I still hate working out, and I still crave junk food, but at least I can see some positive results from my efforts. So, there’s that.
4. It looks like I’m photographing a wedding a couple of hours away in a few weeks. A friend referred the couple to me when she found out they still needed a photographer. Just waiting on payment and their signed contract. I’m excited for the work but also that I came to mind when the need came up.
5. I also did an impromptu mini session for someone else on my birthday. I am thankful for all the encouragement I’ve been getting lately - signs that maybe this photography thing isn’t a compete waste of my time after all.